“USE YOUR L. O. A. F.”
“All things are in a state of flux. Nothing is permanent, but change “.
We at DVC Consultants think that the Greek philosopher had it pretty much right.
What do the brands Kodak, Blockbuster, Xerox, and Blackberry have in common? They all failed to heed Heraclitus’ advice and were overtaken by more innovative disruptor and challenger brands.
It is clear that Brands and their owning companies have no room for complacency, and need constantly to evolve, or risk becoming extinct. DVC Consultants has therefore developed LOAF (Leadership and Organisation in Anarchic Flux) as a proprietary consulting process for supporting our clients in being disruptors and challengers, rather than being on the receiving end of companies more innovative.
It’s a four part process designed to identify and analyse a wide range of different perspectives, and then to recommend actions on the back of that;
1. Leadership: To provide leadership you need to learn from many different perspectives – even those you might disagree with. We are expert in a range of fields, including political analysis, branding, economics, technology and financial services.
2. Organisation: Too often companies have the information before them, but key pieces of information are missed. Sometimes this is because people with one mind-set are unable or unwilling to accept or understand what others are saying, and why. We are able to ensure that all key insights are kept in view, and synthesised and organised so they reinforce one another.
3. Anarchic To make sense of anarchy you need to analyse. There is no use in having the information to hand if it is not rigorously analysed and tested. Too often people do things on the basis of what they want to be true, rather than that which evidence suggests is true. We apply proper rigour – following Karl Popper – in analysing the challenges facing our clients.
4. Flux This needs fixing. Because we have worked in a range of industries, we know and understand how companies work, and the importance of making good ideas operate through day-to-day management structures, We are able, therefore, to support our clients in putting in place actions that will enable them to be the disruptors, not the disrupted.
Challenger and Disruptor brands succeed because they emerge from developments not properly observed by market incumbents. LOAF works because it builds on DVC’s expertise and experience in an eclectic and wide range of topics, including branding, economics, politics, government affairs consultancy and new technologies. This breadth allows us to help our clients in a number of ways:
- Disruptive Technologies blockchain has created a gateway to digital anarchy. It’s a catalyst that creates a new and a different world. It represents a technological breakthrough that can sweep into obsolescence just about every existing business model. How are you prepared for this?
- Thought Leadership Programmes that enable disruptor and challenger brands to fill a connector space between product and people. That drives disruptive creativity through a company allowing all stakeholders, to experience this through, all touchpoints.
- Stakeholder Engagement and Measurement programmes to ensure measurable and ongoing dialogue. That allows management to set metrics and KPIs for employees to deliver disruptive strategies.
- Content Marketing Systems which provide end to end software platforms for serving the right content, at the right time, to the right people,
- Advisory Services for establishing management teams and networks that are best in class from their sectors and industries. This includes helping establish Board Advisory for a Start-up.
- Brand Roll Out Ensuring the successful introduction of the new brand to market by co-ordinating all the marketing disciplines to maximise the brands release.
LOAF has recently been used to create the FinTech disruptor banktotal, which is focused on bringing banking to the underbanked and unbanked in emerging economies. It uses blockchain and cloud-based technology systems, to streamline retail banking for emerging economies.
So if any of this strikes a chord, and you want to use your L.O.A.F contact Meg on email@example.com and we can see how we help you disrupt, rather than be disrupted.